Icon 5: A smart, 5-diff solution with cutting edge technology
The Icon 5 is a smart, 5-part differential hematology analyzer that sets new standards in terms of features, functions and style. This iconic laboratory device combines cutting edge technology with a fresh and elegant design. The Icon 5 uses laser based flow cytometry with forward-scattered light detection and volumetric impedance measuring method. It provides a 26-parameter complete blood cell count report that includes RBC and PLT histograms, as wells as a 5-part WBC scattergram.
- True optical 5-part diff results in 60 seconds, using volumetric impedance and laser based flow cytometry with forward-scattered light detection.
- Icon 5 has a footprint of an A4 sheet of paper – probably the smallest dimensions of its class worldwide.
- Icon 5 is a hematology analyzer based on microfluidic components. This cutting edge technology enables reducing reagent consumption by approx. 75 % compared with analyzers built on the decades-old traditional technology.
- Despite its ultra-compact size, Icon 5 has a throughput of 60 samples per hour.
- Icon 5 aspirates less than 30µL whole blood* but actually uses only 2×1µL – the smallest sample volume ever processed by a hematology analyzer.
- This space-saving device has a 10 inch high resolution touch screen user interface that can handle motion sensing gestures – an entirely new interaction experience with the unit.
- Small reagent volumes help to keep down the wasteful, polluting usage of laboratory chemicals. By eliminating the need of transporting tons of reagents to long distances and using a “green” result printing concept, Icon 5 helps saving a significant part of the running expenses, keeping cost per test low and protecting the environment.